Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Hot Dogs

Ugh, I accidentally deleted a whole post about my experience with hot dogs at the cub scout Blue and Gold Banquet tonight. I don't really care enough about the stupid hot dogs to rewrite it, but I'm mad because it was actually a pretty funny post, if I do say so myself. Basically, it was a giant fiasco because the water wasn't heating up fast enough in the big roaster pans and the hot dogs were still frozen solid and dinner was supposed to start in fifteen minutes. Through a ridiculous assembly line of sink defrosting, oven warming, microwave cooking, and roaster finishing we made it work and everyone was fed and content in time, but now I smell like hot dog juice and mustard.

Also, I REALLY want chocolate magic cake right now but it's 10:22 and even if I felt like getting up and making it I still wouldn't be eating it for another hour and then I'd be in chocolate heaven but probably wide awake when I need to go to sleep. Sighhh.

Also also, I haven't had a single drop of soda in twelve whole days. For me, that's a lifetime, and I'm very impressed with myself. I wonder how long I will go without it? I feel like I've betrayed a friend.

Also also also, I highly suggest making friends with someone who has delicious and easy dinner recipes. We use the Birdsall's recipes like twice a week and have truly benefited from our culinary interchange. Thanks, Renetta. (And Dan, ha.) I will semi pay them back tomorrow night by teaching them how to make my favorite dinner, chicken fillo. MMMMMMM. It's what I always asked my mom for on my birthday/special occasion dinners. Actually, I still ask for it. She made it for me just last month : )

Also also also ALSO, I can't wait to find out if we are going to have a girl or boy!?!? The suspense is making me antsy. So much anticipation! I have zero intuition either way, so if someone is feeling strongly pink or blue, pass that feeling along please. Eeeeek! We've pretty much decided on names for either gender and we're excited for the grand debut : )

Goooooooodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment