Monday, July 24, 2017

July

It's been a tough month. I had a lot of things to manage and figure out but nothing was turning out easy or convenient - even signing up for Kindergarten has turned into a hassle involving an Appeal letter for Natalie to go to the school we want her to go to. We have had lots of random expenses that we don't have money to pay for, which is always stressful, including the car being hit while I was subbing for the paper route (it was a hit and run -_-) and a big speeding ticket in Utah. I've been stress-eating and not sleeping well and overall feeling very discouraged and anxious and not in control of anything in my life and it's just been rough.


I can write about it now because I feel like I'm finally on the up and up, which is a relief. Not everything is figured out (actually, I don't think we've figured any of it out), but my attitude is better and the gloom has lifted so I can press forward with a more determined heart.


Lots of people have helped us the past few weeks. Family and friends near and far have stepped in to offer moral support, dinner, advice, hugs, and even financial assistance, all of which has been greatly appreciated. It's hard to ask for help, and accept so much help. We need help with rides for Kindergarten and Austin's work/school and I've been putting off dealing with that because I feel like we've already burdened people so much and I don't want to have to ask for more help. But, when that's what you need, that's what you need, so I will suck it up and do what we need to do.


Life can be hard. I'm glad I have religious beliefs, because if I feel lost even when I know God lives and loves me, I don't know what I'd do or who I'd turn to without those beliefs.

 letter-writing and game-playing

The Denises and I went to the temple this week for our presidency meeting and it was just what we all needed. We felt grounded and re-centered and energized. And we went to Applebee's after and stayed til 11:30 in Omaha, so we didn't get back home til after midnight. I never thought I'd stay out that late with two ladies who are 60 and 80, but it was perfect. I'm kicking myself for not getting a picture.


Sometimes, afternoon ice cream cones are just 100% necessary. I'm grateful for these sweet babes who make my days brighter when I'm feeling down. Here's to a better month!

1 comment:

  1. HUGS. That discouraged feeling is hard to shake! I wish I had something to say other than I have so much sympathy and empathy. Thank you for your faith and the reminder that the temple is THE PLACE OF PEACE. I need it more. I need it more regularly. You are such a shining light of a person.

    ReplyDelete