Skip to main content

Claire's Birthday Morning!

Claire is ONE! February 27th dawned a beautiful, clear, birdsong-y morning and we were so excited to celebrate this precious baby's birthday. 





Claire was both delighted and mystified by all of the balloons everyewhere!


 "helping" her open presents


 Claire makes this "ohh" face when she sees something that excites her, and it is usually accompanied with a point. She was very excited about her new rainbow ball. Balls have been her favorite thing lately, so she got lots of different kinds for her birthday! She also got a train with holes to put balls in, and lots of cute clothes. Jack really wanted to pick out a swimsuit for her, which was really cute. (I don't have a picture yet!)

 "everyone get around Claire!"
 "look at me!"
 "guys...look at ME! Stockton, get off Claire..."
...the end result. Too much sibling love haha.

 I had a long day yesterday that ended with teaching four piano lessons. I came upstairs after my students left, looking forward to being cozy in bed, and then realized that I still needed to make Claire's cake! It's our favorite birthday tradition to eat cake for breakfast, and it was extra important since the sweetie was to have her first birthday cake! So, I made the cake while Austin kept me company. I was pleased with how cute and little Claire's cake turned out.



the majestic TIFFANIE CAKE



our best attempt....sigh







 The aftermath:



 Fresh from her post-cake birthday bath, in her new birthday dress, excited to play with her balls and train!


she LOVES the moment when we walk out of the store and feel the wind on our faces

We dropped off the kids at school, returned some pants at Target, enjoyed the fresh chilly air, and came home for Claire's nap. The birthday festivities will continue when she wakes!

Comments