The week before we moved, we asked Grandma to come babysit so we could go on our first official date in months! The city was (is) still in quarantine so we couldn't really go inside anywhere, but we drove around and took pictures of the places that held special meaning for us in Lincoln. It was so fun and sad at the same time thinking of all these happy memories, and thinking about leaving them behind. Someday I think I'll write a poem to go along with these pics, but for now...enjoy:
70th and Holdrege, the corner start of our paper route. I do not miss this time in our lives but it is an important chunk of our Lincoln legacy.
Our second apartment in Lincoln, at Georgetown 70th and Van Dorn. We were the bottom left sliding door/window. We lived here for 2 years until we needed a backyard.
The McDonald's on O street on the way to ACT Clinic. The amount of Diet Coke I consumed from this establishment could drown a town.
Our favorite movie theater in town after it got renovated with DREAM LOUNGERS. Completely changed movie going forever. Also, $5 Tuesdays combined with a points program on the Fandango app that earned us free movie tickets allowed us to see so many movies and we loved it.
The church in its weirdly designed layout. We haven't been to church in months due to coronavirus, but we made so many lifelong friends here.
Our beloved Hy-Vee. The kids and I spent so much time (and money) here. It's one minute away from our house and we got to know all the employees and I always felt safe there. No grocery store in Cheyenne has come close!
We don't frequent this park anymore but it was important when Stockton and Natalie were babies because it's where our walking group walked twice a week in the summers. It was necessary therapeutic time to chat and walk and play with my friends in the ward (who almost exclusively lived on Starr Street in student housing, which is why we met there and walked here), even if our kids weren't behaving. I think all but two of those friends have since moved away, but we still keep in touch!
This is the Barkley Center where speech path and audiology are located at UNL. Austin spent hours here for class in both undergrad and grad school.
Knoll Residential Hall, aka Bobby K 419! This was my dorm sophomore year when I lived with my 3 hilarious and fun roommates. Someone asked me what my favorite year of life has been so far and I love my life now, but I immediately thought of this year between 2010-2011. (I met Austin when I still lived here and we got married after this semester!)
We couldn't get close enough to Westbrook without having to get Claire out of the car and she was asleep, so this is the best shot of my music school. Four years of practicing, recitals, performances, and classes here, and a Bachelor of Music at the end!
This is the entrance to the Institute, right across from the back of Westbrook. This is where Austin and I met, and this is where Austin took care of Natalie while I was in class my senior year of college.
A quick drive-by of our trusty Firestone. I've been taking cars here downtown since 2009! Mike always recognized my voice on the phone.
St. Elizabeth's Hospital, where all 4 of our babies were born
The original Meadowlane Honest Abe's, Austin's first love (after his family and basketball)
Our second apartment in Lincoln, at Georgetown 70th and Van Dorn. We were the bottom left sliding door/window. We lived here for 2 years until we needed a backyard.
Holmes Lake, a favorite walking/running/exploring spot
Our first apartment. We lived here for our first year of marriage.
Roberts Park. We spent hours here with lots of friends (especially Jill and Lauren)
Our favorite movie theater in town after it got renovated with DREAM LOUNGERS. Completely changed movie going forever. Also, $5 Tuesdays combined with a points program on the Fandango app that earned us free movie tickets allowed us to see so many movies and we loved it.
Bethany Park (or Bessany, as Stockton called it). Another park fave for us.
Barnes and Noble, three blocks away from our house. We got a lot of books here!
We don't frequent this park anymore but it was important when Stockton and Natalie were babies because it's where our walking group walked twice a week in the summers. It was necessary therapeutic time to chat and walk and play with my friends in the ward (who almost exclusively lived on Starr Street in student housing, which is why we met there and walked here), even if our kids weren't behaving. I think all but two of those friends have since moved away, but we still keep in touch!
This is the Barkley Center where speech path and audiology are located at UNL. Austin spent hours here for class in both undergrad and grad school.
Knoll Residential Hall, aka Bobby K 419! This was my dorm sophomore year when I lived with my 3 hilarious and fun roommates. Someone asked me what my favorite year of life has been so far and I love my life now, but I immediately thought of this year between 2010-2011. (I met Austin when I still lived here and we got married after this semester!)
We couldn't get close enough to Westbrook without having to get Claire out of the car and she was asleep, so this is the best shot of my music school. Four years of practicing, recitals, performances, and classes here, and a Bachelor of Music at the end!
This is the entrance to the Institute, right across from the back of Westbrook. This is where Austin and I met, and this is where Austin took care of Natalie while I was in class my senior year of college.
A quick drive-by of our trusty Firestone. I've been taking cars here downtown since 2009! Mike always recognized my voice on the phone.
And, TICO'S. I started working here sophomore year of college as a hostess and started serving soon after. I worked on and off between having babies, and Tico's was always good to me. I'll especially miss Abby, who always made my shift better and more hilarious.
Not pictured (we ran out of time and energy) but still important:
Grandma and Grandpa's house(s)
Bagel Target
Pioneer Park (where Austin proposed!)
Holmes Elementary
Palmyra (fireworks)
Austin's work offices
The houses of our friends!
9 South Chargrill (home of the most amazing pulled pork waffle fry nachos)
We love you, Lincoln!






















Aww I can feel the nostalgia! Thanks, Lincoln! <3 Ananda
ReplyDelete