But first: a cute picture of my brother and his girlfriend, and a sweet little comic...
We're in Cheyenne! I'm working backwards for ease of photo organization and because I get bogged down and get tired more easily when I try to go chronologically. I will get to our official moving day/week soon but for now, know that we are settled in and loving our time here so far.
These are the "cheese castles" from our childhood! The rest of the playground has been updated, but the cheese castles stayed. We all played on these when we lived here twenty years ago! In that picture of Jack on the basketball court I asked him if he was okay and he said, "no, I'm dying!" He said it so cheerfully though that I took a picture to remember.
Claire is 15 months and still is too lazy to walk, little princess! She does enjoy using the back of the stroller as a walker and gets some good practice with it when we go to parks. She's getting closer to walking but just doesn't seem motivated.
Austin is the greatest. I just love him so much.
I'm also in love with our porch. I don't think I can go back to a porchless house when we move. I love when the kids come find me out here and pull up their chairs to hang out.
Claire still loves sink baths. She could probably do this all day, if we let her.
Jack and Natalie like finding rocks and looking up what kind of rock or "gem" they think it could be. They take it very seriously.
I am LOVING having a separate space for my VIPKID office! And the lighting is good enough that I don't need a bunch of lamps like I had before. It's quieter and nicer and cozy. This is in the basement bedroom.
The kids took all of the boys' socks and filled them with sand, had us tie the tops, and made sock families.
These next pictures are at Lions Park. It has a little lake, a few playgrounds, and a nice walking trail. It also includes a city pool, mini golf, botanic gardens, and the Frontier Days rodeo compound.
Austin's parents gave us their table/benches and I am so grateful - it fits in this space just perfectly and has been really really great. Thanks Poulsens!
Claire just kind of follows me around as I'm working around the house. She's a great little companion. She LOVES going up and down the stairs, and playing on the little landing at the top.
I don't know how well you can see, but those black dots skirting the pine tree on the left are MOTHS. They are EVERYWHERE here! Cheyenne must be too harsh for other pests because we haven't noticed many bugs, but the moths are incessant. Stockton has developed kind of a phobia...the first time he saw one in our house he absolutely lost his mind until we explained what it was. The moths love our garage, and they love swarming that tree. They hide under our cars and in the grass and they are harmless but so fluttery and dusty, ugh.
Claire is always happy when she's nakie and Stockton is always happy mowing the lawn.
I took a budgeting webinar the other night (because I have a hard core party life and stay up late learning about finances, obviously...) and there was a moth who was interested in fixing his budget with me.
This is our new favorite place, Cahill Park. It's huge and has lots of different play sets. Their favorite part is the really tall slide to the left of this picture (out of frame) that has different obstacles as you climb up. We've already been here 4 times. There are good places for Claire to roam around too, and when she needs a break there is a walking path all the way around, so I can push her in the stroller.
Natalie even lost a tooth here! She was thrilled.
Jack saw this Minnie Mouse card and gasped and said, "MOM. We HAVE to get this for Julia!" He wrote this sweet note and he was so excited to send it to her. We are missing our cute friends in Nebraska!
Mmmm, and I have a recipe for you if you want something fresh, flavorful, and bright! We add a little shredded parmesan and it is *chef's kiss* so good.
https://ohmyveggies.com/cilantro-jalapeno-pesto/







































Comments
Post a Comment